New Life, New Eats...NEW YORK!


After months and months of silence... I'm back! You're probably wondering what happened to
me...well let me start by saying that I am now residing in a NEW place thousands of miles away from bustling and traffic-infested Manila...

NEW YORK
I moved here last February because of 2 major (life changing as a matter of fact) reasons : 1. To get married to the love of my life, my bestfriend, the "one" (I know, I know, I'll stop there) Joel and 2. To jumpstart on my career as a chef at the renowned French Culinary Institute.

Let me briefly walk you through those two major events. First up is our simple but very memorable civil wedding here in the City. We were married on March 10, 2009 (a freezing day I remember) at the NY City Hall. The ceremony was quick and went by like a breeze. We exchanged vows with our families as witnesses and shed tears (lots and lots) of joy. It was followed by a very beautiful dinner at the oldest Italian restaurant here
in New York, Barbetta situated at 321 West 46th street. The main dining hall evokes the classic Piemontese 18th century setting complete with antique chandelier and fixtures. We handpicked a delectable menu and sumptuous dessert which our guests truly enjoyed. It was a wonderful magical evening filled with love and emotion. Undeniably one of the best days of my life...


Just a week after our wedding, I was set to start my student life at FCI (French Culinary Institute). Finally I was going to do what I've been wanting to do for a long time... pursue my passion for FOOD. It's been 4 months already since my Culinary Arts program and I am proud to say that I have been doing pretty well in the
kitchen and coping up the demands of becoming a professional chef. I must admit though that it's been tough, really tough. I've had countless cuts and burns but you get the hang of it after a while. However right now, I had to take a leave of absence because a more important role I am about to take on. In about a month from now, I will be a MOTHER!!!
Yes, you heard it right, I am going to have a baby
boy! So I have to set aside my toque and apron first for now.

And since now I have to slow down a bit in terms of my activities, I have time to update my blog which has been stagnant for a while. I'm back...with a vengeance! Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular Posts