CASA PONIENTE'S PENNE AL TELEFONO
3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 can of whole tomatoes/crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup all purpose cream
2 tbsp. of cream cheese
1/2 cup of kesong puti, diced
salt and pepper
1/3 cup of chicken stock
a bunch of fresh basil, chopped
250 grams of penne pasta
1. Cook the penne al dente (see directions in the packaging- this may vary depending on the brand that you get!) I always undercook the pasta because when I mis it with the heated sauce it still cooks a little bit more. I hate soggy and soft noodles so I always make sure it's just al dente.
2. Drain and toss with a little olive oil. Set aside.
3. Heat the pan and sweat the garlic.
4. Add the whole tomatoes and chicken stock and cook for about 15-20 minutes til it gets a little thick. Gently crush the tomatoes with your wooden spoon if you use the whole tomatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Add in the cream cheese and all purpose cream and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
7. Toss the cooked penne into the pan and add in the cubed kesong puti.
8. Mix for about a minute and turn off heat. The kesong puti will melt and become stringy *yum*
9. Transfer into a serving bowl/plate and top with chopped fresh basil.
I served the pasta with my tried and tested Casa Poniente Pollo Iberico and got a thumbs up for both!