Calamansi muffins are a must in Boracay. I've been a fan of Real Coffee Boracay and their muffins since I first discovered it years ago. And when I like something, I usually try to make it myself. I have experimented and researched on couple of recipes and finally found my signature recipe. So here it is folks, my own version of the famous Boracay Calamansi Muffins. Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 pcs. eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup calamansi juice
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix milk and calamansi together in another bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
5. Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
6. Mix until well blended, don't over mix.
7. Scoop in non-stick muffin pans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 25 minutes.
Last Saturday, I baked a special batch for my Saddle Row students who attended my 60-minute Beached Ride as reward. That's moi holding up the muffins! Hahaha!
Happy Sunday guys!