I was thrilled to find fresh plump ripe passion fruit from the market this morning (Only Php 50.00/kilo) and immediately grabbed a whole bag. I knew what I wanted to make of it... Refreshing Passion Fruit Juice that we can enjoy this weekend. Passion Fruit juice is one of the tastiest and easiest things to make out of the fruit...and it has numerous health benefits too. It contains a high amount of antioxidants which protect from cancer, aging and inflammation. Similary, it has a high amount of fiber which is effective to improve digestion. So yes, it is indeed a Win-win situation, you get your yummy juice and improve your health as well!
So let's begin, you will need :
4-5 pieces of ripe passion fruit
choice of sweetener (in my case I used raw honey)
Here are the simple steps:
1. Cut the fruits in half and scoop out the seeds straight into your blender.
2. Add in about 3 times the amount of water.
3. Blend for about a minute. You will notice the seeds will separate from the juice. Be careful not to OVERBLEND because the seeds might turn into grit.
4. Strain through a sieve to take out the seeds and funnel into a bottle or mason jar.
6. Add in more water to dilute if you find it too concentrated and add your sweetener as well.
7. Place inside the chiller. Enjoy cold as it is!
Easy breezy, right? Go ahead, give it a try and let me know! Planning to make some passion fruit muffins with the rest :)