HOMEMADE SIOMAI : BEEF, KALE, MUSHROOM AND CARROTS



My son H's current food obsession is siomai and I don't blame him. It was one of my favorites growing up as well. Even in college, I would have "siomai rice" for lunch and it was a real treat. He requested me to make some so I rushed home this morning from my Barre3 class to prepare this for lunch. H and S had gymnastics class today so this was the perfect post activity lunch for them. I was also able to put in some veggies that they wouldn't normally eat (kale and spring onions!). I'm a sneaky momma that way! Haha!

HOMEMADE SIOMAI

250 grams ground lean beef
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
1 medium onions, finely chopped
1 small carrots, finely chopped
3 stems spring onion finely chopped
3- 4 leaves of Kale - shredded/finely chopped
small can of mushrooms - finely chopped
1 egg
1 pack molo wrapper


PROCEDURE:

1. In a bowl, Combine all the ingredients together except the wrapper. (beef, kale, salt, pepper, onion, carrots, spring onion, egg), Mix together.

2. Wrap the meat in wanton wrapper by placing about 1 tbsp of the mixture in the center of the wrapper then press all the sides around to the middle leaving an open space on top.

3. Place all the wrapped mixture in the steamer.

4. Steam for 20-25 minutes. (medium to high heat)

5. Serve hot with soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.


cheers and TGIF,
Pattie

Comments

Popular Posts