Breakfast and Snack Staple: BASIC HONEY & NUT GRANOLA



It's no secret that I loooove granola! I've been baking my own for many years now and in fact have given it away as gifts (Christmases and birthdays!). It is so simple and really delish (give it a try and you'll me amazed how easy peasy it is!).

Here are some of my granola pics through the years... *taken from my past IG posts




I have shared my tried and tested recipe to a lot of family and friends already and they've discovered and made their own versions (modifying the nuts, seeds and dried fruits!).



Every time I post about this in IG and most recently IG stories, I get a lot of recipe requests so I am (finally) sharing it here on my blog for everyone's reference! 



HONEY NUT GRANOLA

Ingredients:
1 cup almonds (or assored nuts of your choice - have fun and be creative!), divided
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3  cup honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil 
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
*optional : dried fruit/berries/etc. - my fave seeds are sunflower and pumpkin which are available in Healthy Options and some local groceries (i.e. SM Aura)
Directions:
  1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. 2. In a food processor or blender, pulse the almonds and other nuts of your choice if you want them in smaller pieces OR simply keep them whole. I personally like them WHOLE! Pour them into a large bowl. Pour the oats, cinnamon and salt into the bowl with all the nuts and stir to combine.
  3. 2. In a small pan, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and add the vanilla extract.
  4. 3. Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated. Add your goji berries/raisins/etc.
  5. 4. Pour the oats evenly onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet (helpful if it has sides).
  6. 5. Bake the oats for 5 minutes, and then stir them around. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
  7. 6. Pour the granola and onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer.
  8. 7. After it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container.


You're Welcome Guys! Please tag me @sliceofpattie on your granola adventures. I'd love to hear from you and learn from your combinations!


Have a Blessed Holy Week.


Cheers,
Pattie

Comments

Popular Posts