Breakfast : Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oatmeal

Breakfast is one meal you should never skip (EVER!). It's actually my favorite meal of the day because it sets the pace and gives me the fuel and energy I need to get through the rest of the day. Start your day right with this truly amazing and ridiculously easy BANANA CREAM PIE. You really just put everything in and let it sit overnight. I actually got the original recipe online but just gave it a tweak. :)



BANANA CREAM PIE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL 


Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice, I often use soymilk/almond milk
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1 overripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I started making my own yogurt last month and have no plans of buying commercial yogurt ever! Thank you to my Ashtanga guru Jovan for sharing with me his recipe and starter curd)
Instructions
  1. Add the first three ingredients to a mason jar.
  2. Mash up 2/3 of your banana and add to the jar. Slice the remaining 1/3 into the jar.
  3. Add optional yogurt and put the cover tightly on the jar and shake, shake, shake.
  4. Place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you will have a delicious, dessert-like oatmeal ready and waiting for you!

I topped mine today with organic blueberries which I got from the weekend market! Yummy in my tummy! Happy Monday!





-Pattie

P.S. 
Let me know your thoughts and share some of your recipes! Would love to hear from all of you!

Comments

Popular Posts