Crooked Tree : Perfect Date Place


More than 3 years ago, a good friend of mine brought me to this quaint dessert place in the middle of bustling St. Marks called Crooked Tree. I was in the city for vacation then. Coincidentally, it was during that trip that I met Joel (who is now my husband) again after so many years. I remember that we were texting each other when I was there and he specifically mentioned about his favorite dessert crepe being nutella...which in fact was my favorite too! It was one of the many things we discovered we had in common. 


Last night, we took a break from babysitting our little Henri and had a 'date night'. I was feeling nostalgic so I suggested we visit Crooked. Tree.  This cute little creperie has such a cozy, intimate and homey feel which makes it a perfect date place. A warm spot to enjoy a great conversation possibly over savory or dessert crepes at a very reasonable price. Joel and I stayed true to our favorite and didn't feel like ordering something new. We happily shared a plain nutella with sliced strawberries crepe sprinkled with powdered sugar ($6). The warm, light and thin crepe was  generously smeared with creamy rich hazelnut cream. We sipped sangria and enjoyed  every fork full of this heavenly plate. 

Crooked Tree
110 Saint Marks Place
New York, New York 10009
(212) 5333299

Comments

Popular Posts