Teriyaki Boy : A Complete Let Down

The last time I tried this place must be more than 2 years ago. And I remember that the last few times I went, I was extremely disappointed. Last week, I accompanied my husband to Eastwood for a business meeting. He finished around 4 pm and suggested that we grab merienda before going home. We couldn't decide where to go at first, I suggested Dulcinea because I haven't had churros con chocolate in a while or Fazoli's for their pizza-pasta combos. Well guess what? we ended up in Teriyaki boy because hubby was craving for a quick Japanese fix. And I figured, I'll give it another shot. I ordered their spicy tuna salad while Joel had their Chirashi. Argh! My tuna appetizer was mediocre, it had way too much oily tenkasu (small tempura batter bits) that mixed with the Japanese mayo and tuna sashimi cubes. Joel's Chirashi was horrendous. He said that the sashimi pieces were far from fresh and the rice was of poor quality (it tasted like regular Sinandomeng and nothing like Japanese rice).... a complete let-down!

The sad and pathetic remnants of a disappointing Japanese meal:





Even their wasabi tasted weird...

We should have just stuck to churros or pizza. Tsk tsk...

Comments

Popular Posts