VEGAN MUSHROOM CHICHARON
2 packs of fresh oyster mushrooms, cleaned
Olive Oil, Seasalt and some Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven 420 degrees F
2. Clean the mushrooms by simply wiping each one with a towel or using a clean toothbrush to take out any external dirt/debris.
3. Place them on a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
5. Peel of each "petal" and layer them on a baking pan. In my case I used my ever-reliable silpat so I don't have to worry about it stigking to the tray. You may also use parchment paper/wax paper/foil as lining.
6. Place inside the oven and bake for about 25-20 minutes.
7. You will know that they are ready when the sides start to brown and curl. Note : Mushrooms will considerably shrink because of the lost moisture so don't worry!
8. Cool them down for about 5 minutes and peel each one carefully into a serving dish.
9. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce or "sawsawan" (I'm happy with cane vinegar, crushed pepper and some garlic!)
Crunchy. Delicious. Animal-Approved. Karma-free Food
Sending good vibes this Friday Night,