Guilt-free Chicharon "Bulaklak"
Craving for CHICHARON BULAKLAK : fried pork intestines - eek! I actually haven't eaten the this for many years now but remember enjoying it when I still ate pork! It has that unique pungent taste and crunchiness that many cannot resist. And when dipped with a powerful dipping sauce like vinegar with spices, it accentuates the flavors and intensifies the taste! Did I get you salivating right there? Well listen well and listen good because this will blow your mind (and tastebuds) away. This very simple recipe of Oyster Mushroom Chicharon/Chips taste so close to the "real" (sinful) thing, it will leave you in awe. Now you can eat as much of it without the guilt...and cholesterol! *wink*
VEGAN MUSHROOM CHICHARON
2 packs of fresh oyster mushrooms, cleaned
Olive Oil, Seasalt and some Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven 420 degrees F
2. Clean the mushrooms by simply wiping each one with a towel or using a clean toothbrush to take out any external dirt/debris.
3. Place them on a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
5. Peel of each "petal" and layer them on a baking pan. In my case I used my ever-reliable silpat so I don't have to worry about it stigking to the tray. You may also use parchment paper/wax paper/foil as lining.
6. Place inside the oven and bake for about 25-20 minutes.
7. You will know that they are ready when the sides start to brown and curl. Note : Mushrooms will considerably shrink because of the lost moisture so don't worry!
8. Cool them down for about 5 minutes and peel each one carefully into a serving dish.
9. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce or "sawsawan" (I'm happy with cane vinegar, crushed pepper and some garlic!)
Crunchy. Delicious. Animal-Approved. Karma-free Food
Sending good vibes this Friday Night,