Thursday Date Night: Prime 22

Yesterday we made a new and startling discovery at...DISCOVERY Suites which is five minutes away from where we stay. My sister Addie and her fiance Neil recommended we check out this restaurant with a view of Ortigas. They said that their steaks are not bad either. The view and the mention of the word "steak" were enough to convince Joel to try it out. And we were so glad we did!


Complimentary appetizer - bread/breadsticks with a trio of spreads - tomato sofrito, potato-lemon spread which tasted very similar to a hollandaise that's very lemony and chicken liver pate

The ambiance is sophisticated, upscale but steady. I would say a perfect getaway after a stressful day! :)

Their straight-forward menu

Since I was not that hungry, I told Joel that I would just get an appetizer and another small dish because it just wouldn't be a good idea if I ordered a steak to myself. I already knew I couldn't finish it. So we decided to get 2 appetizer plates and split their Prime Rib-eye (350 g). 

Hot Appetizer 1 : Oysters Rockefeller- Php395 well, nothing really extraordinary...and the oysters were puny!

Appetizer # 2: Prawn Cocktail with Grilled Lemon, Baby Greens and Horseradish Sauce Php 395. If their oysters were smaller than average, their prawns were huge. I was just not used to having this starter warm instead of cold.

Their USDA Certified Prime Rib-Eye Steak Php 1,950 - As mentioned, Jo and I split this dish. The two sauces we chose to go with this were : Forest Mushroom and Three Peppercorn. Although we expected the steak to be a lot thicker than what we were serve, we were happy with how it was cooked and seasoned. It takes a certain level of expertise to cook a rather thin piece of meat MEDIUM RARE because there is always that tendency to overcook it. Another thing I liked was the mashed potatoes on the side topped with a spring of fresh green herbs (tarragon, oregano, etc.). The aroma just lingered and made my meal more pleasurable. *sniff sniff*


Although the food was not stellar, we agreed that it's a place we would definitely go back to because of the setting, the ambiance and the Ortigas skyline!

Prime 22
22nd Floor, Discovery Suites
25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Avenue
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
02-7196808

Comments

Popular Posts