Birthday Dinner at Nougatine



This is another overdue post...

My husband usually gives me the burden of deciding where to eat... which makes complete sense since I naturally have more knowledge in that area (being a chef and a foodie!) but for my birthday he took the initiative and picked out a restaurant for us. He took me to Nougatine by Jean George to celebrate for dinner. And I must say it was the perfect choice! Besides the food being absolutely heavenly and spotless, the highlight of the night was being able to meet Jean George himself! For those not so familiar with him, Jean-George Vongerichten is a world famous chef/restaurateur. He trained under top French chefs like Chef Paul Haeberline and Paul Bocuse. With his 3 michelin stars training, he became executive chef of the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok. And from then on, he opened 10 restaurants around the world. He also published books such as Simple Cuisine and Simple to Spectacular. Lastly, Jean George is one of the six restaurants awarded with four stars by NY Times and 3 stars by the Michelin Guide. I was star struck! *jaw drop*
He sat down with us briefly and greeted me a happy birthday! It was my day! I was a lucky duck :)


My Birthday Dessert Platter


The winner course that night would have to be this : foie gras brulee with pineapple meyer lemon jam. The sweet slightly burnt crust of the foie was just divine and it married well with the tart pineapple lemon jam!

Aaaaahhhhh! wonderful birthday surprise! JG himself greeting me! :)

Comments

Popular Posts