Doughnut Plant : Ooooh! Creme Brulee Doughnut!



We declared yesterday an official "pig-out" day. Joel, Coco and I decided to take our friend Gaea around on a food trip. Since it was a Friday and we couldn't eat meat, we made our first stop at this Sushi place at the East Village. I don't quite remember the name now (I have to verify with Coco) and blog about that separately. So I'll jump to our outrageous dessertfest. Our first stop was this place called Doughnut Plant. We didn't want to park anymore so Gaea and Coco just went down to take out some doughnuts. We sampled 3 flavors and devoured each one with gusto. Get ready to drool...

Coconut Cream
Coco highly recommended this because it's her absolute favorite. And it didn't disappoint. The square-shaped doughnut had a soft cakey texture with a sweet outer glaze and coconut flakes. It was generously filled with rich, creamy-dreamy coconut custard. Yum!


Valrhona Chocolate
I'm not much a chocolate doughnut fan but I thought it wasn't so bad. The chocolate wasn't that overwhelmingly sweet. This was my least favorite though out of the three.



Creme Brulee
It was pretty small (more like an over-sized doughnut hole) compared to the other two but it was certainly amazing and I mean A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It was crunchy on the outside (you could really taste the torched burnt raw sugar turned into caramel) and inside was a silky and creamy custard filling...just like real creme brulee. This was completely in a separate league in comparison to Krispy Kreme or Dunkin. I have to admit that I don't usually crave for doughnuts but I think this one just changed that!

Doughnut Plant
379 Grand St (bet Essex St & Norfolk St)
New York, New York
(212) 505 3700

Comments

Popular Posts