Dinner Challenge Day 2 : The Classic "Mechado"



Today I felt like cooking "Pinoy"/Filipino cuisine because I wanted to eat white rice. I already knew there was a brisket-cut beef in the freezer so I was going to use that. I opened my refrigerator and looked at what vegetables I have to determine what I can cook... so there was green bell pepper, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower, brocolli, some red lettuce, radish...first thing that came to mind was Mechado (the green bell pepper mostly was the culprit for that!). And so I put together what I needed and started it...



Classic Mechado

Ingredients
1 Kilo of beef
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 can of tomato sauce
1 bay leaf
3 potatoes, quartered
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cup water
salt and peper

Procedure:

1. Combine all the ingredients except for the potatoes in a casserole and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer until the beef reaches the tenderness you desire.
3. Add the potatoes. And simmer for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
4. Season with salt and pepper.


* Best eaten with steamed white rice! Kain na!

Comments

Popular Posts