Fig & Olive


I was searching for a good place to have our Sunday lunch online and I found Fig & Olive Kitchen Tasting Bar at the Meat Packing district in one of the NYC food websites. I checked out the website and I was intrigued. And so I decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly amused with the chill, trendy atmosphere of the place. High ceiling, huge space, glass windows around...sexy, trendy and classy! My husband like the modern industrial look. The exposed pipes on the ceiling and the rattan lamps that hanged from added to the character. And another plus was that there was live music courtesy of the trio jazz band. As for the food, I went for the restaurant week menu composed of a three course meal : steak tartare, filet mignon and chocolate pot de creme. The one dish that stood out was the steak tartare.







STEAK TARTARE
The sirloin steak was dressed with a spicy aoili and topped with sliced cornichons (which I came to love thanks to culinary school!) and all the condiments (shallots, capers, mayo and parsley) were placed beside it including two pieces of crostini.


Over-all, we all enjoyed the place...not entirely for the food but for the ambience! Definitely worth a visit! :)


FIG & OLIVE - 420 West 13th St. between 9th Ave and Washington St., NY NY 10014
(212) 924-1200

Comments

Popular Posts